Wednesday, May 11, 2011

skydrive.live.com

So... I would have never found this if my external hard drive did not break down. I wanted to find an online back up... for free. Of course, I'd do things that are free or close to free. From what I discovered, a good lot give out 2 GB for free and anything after that gets charged. However, I found a really good storage space/back up but it only holds up to 25GB.


Personal Experience: 
       So, from my Hotmail account, I uploaded a few gigs that I thought were very important, such as my school files or family photos. It was a lot easier to upload than I thought. I very impressed with the programming on it. I didn't have to uploaded it one by one, but drag and drop the files and wait a bit. You can even set it some folders to be personal or public. So if you ever decide to share some files with friends, you can. I haven't played with that option yet though. Apparently the storage space was originally 5GB but they upped it to 25GB. The great thing is that you can create your documents in it too. You can make a Microsoft word, PowerPoint, or excel file on it. So technically, people don't need to buy Microsoft office anymore. This option is best for net-books where it does not have enough memory or RAM to run the Microsoft word. 

      Basically, Sky Drive is like having your entire hard drive along with Microsoft office... online. You can technically do everything on the phone and never own a desktop computer, laptop, or a net-book. In the end... Sky Drive is awesome. 

Similar Experience:
     Back in college, I remember something similar to the Sky Drive online. It was Google word doc, which if you give out the password for that document, anybody in your group project can edit the document. It was great for project members to write and revise the word document. But I don't recall seeing anything like a memory storage space though. 
     It is very similar to each other. Since I did not do any big research on Google docs, I really don't know much about it besides creating different documents. I don't know if it is any better than Sky Drive. But the point of this blog was just to say I found a great online storage for free and not to find and online document maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment